1. POSITION(S) VACANT: Technical Advisor (TA), The Union, New Delhi (Three vacancies)
2. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union) is an international scientific organization headquartered in Paris, France.
Established in 1920, The Union’s goal is to promote national autonomy within the framework of priorities of each country, by developing, implementing, and assessing anti-tuberculosis, lung health and non-communicable disease programs, as well as other public health issues.
The Union has been working to improve health for people in low and middle-income countries, by conducting scientific research, and working with governments and other agencies, to translate research into better health for people around the world, and delivering projects directly in the field, driving change to ensure the best quality care.
For more information about International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), please visit https://theunion.org/
About The Project:
iDEFEAT TB – Institutional Strengthening to Accelerate Actions for TB and Drug Resistant TB in India is USAID’s flagship TB project in India. The overall goal of the project is to strengthen TB-related institutions focusing on programmatic and clinical management of patients with TB and DR-TB, thereby contributing to achievement of India’s National Strategic Plan and targets set forth at the United Nations High-Level Meeting on TB. iDEFEAT TB will be implemented by The Union-led consortium.
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Senior Technical Advisor– Institutional Strengthening and PMDT (iDEFEAT TB Project), the incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
(1) Support in needs assessment and project planning in coordination with Corporate TB Pledge (CTP) partners, CTP secretariat and the technical team of The Union;
(2) Provide technical support to corporate supported projects in implementation, it includes organizing need-based trainings for implementing teams, development of work plans and providing basic technical support in overall implementation of project activities;
(3) Facilitating linkage and coordination with district NTEP unit;
(4) Facilitating development of need-based IEC materials as per the project requirements;
(5) Undertake field visits to for supportive supervision of projects;
(6) Introducing M&E framework and ensuring data collection and reporting;
(7) Documentation good practices and success stories;
(8) Support CTP secretariat to organize regular events under CTP initiative;
(9) Support in mobilizing new companies to join CTP;
(10) Strengthen relationship with exiting CTP members and expand member’s engagement;
(11) Coordination with state TB cells and Central TB Division;
(12) Making presentations and reports as per the project requirements.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
(1) MBBS Essentials.
(1) Minimum five years of relevant experience in project implementation and technical support;
(2) Experience in TB/ Health is mandatory;
(3) Understanding on participatory approaches in capacity building;
(4) Experience in coordination with Government sector;
(5) Prior experience working with international organizations on USAID or other donor funded projects;
(6) Understanding of the broad landscape of National TB Elimination Program (NTEP) shall be preferred.
Skills and Competencies:
(1) Excellent drafting and presentation skills including ability to draft clear and concise reports;
(2) Excellent negotiation and advocacy skills to interact with people at all levels in a multicultural and multi-disciplinary environment;
(3) Proficiency in MS office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, outlook), Data management software, Internet;
(4) Flexibility and willingness to work on a range of tasks;
(5) Willingness to travel within country as per project needs;
(6) Ability to plan, set priorities, handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
Gross compensation budgeted for the position is Rs. 18 lacs per annum. Please note that the offer made to the selected candidate shall be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and salary history.
6. DURATION OF CONTRACT: The incumbent shall be offered a two-year contract, extendable based on performance.
7. NUMBER OF VACANCIES: Three
8. LOCATION: New Delhi
9. REFERENCE: TA-UNION
10. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011- 4081-9900; 4165 3612
11. APPLICATION PROCESS:
Eligible candidates interested in the position are requested to apply using the link https://recruitment.samshrm.com/Jobs/UNION by or before September 21, 2022.
The Union is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply.