Senior Research Associate/ Research Associate – Advanced Technologies
Alliance for an Energy Efficient Economy (AEEE)
1. POSITION(S) VACANT: Senior Research Associate/ Research Associate – Advanced Technologies, Alliance for an Energy Efficient Economy (AEEE), New Delhi
2. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
Alliance for an Energy Efficient Economy (AEEE) is a policy advocacy and energy efficiency market enabler with a not-for-profit motive. AEEE advocates energy efficiency as a resource and collaborates with industry and government to transform the market for energy-efficient products and services, thereby contributing towards meeting India’s goals on energy security, clean energy, and climate change. AEEE collaborates with diverse stakeholders such as policymakers, government officials, business and industry, consumers, researchers, and civil society organizations. We believe that our work speaks for itself, and we hold Respect, Integrity, and Synergy as central to our efforts.
For more information about Alliance for an Energy Efficient Economy (AEEE), please visit www.aeee.in/
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Principal Research Associate/ Team Leader, the primary function of the Research Associate is to support the Advanced Technologies team in carrying out activities related to technical and policy research, advocacy and implementation leading to market transformation and promotion of energy efficient technologies.
Key Job Responsibilities:
(1) Support and lead in primary and secondary research for projects and programs and independently undertake meaningful research to support policy implementation and formulation with respect to energy efficiency and climate change.
(2) Support and lead conducting surveys, data collection to enable evidence-based policy development.
(3) Support and lead in developing proposals and concept notes in line with AEEE‘s priority areas and areas related to climate change and energy efficiency.
(4) Staying abreast of the developments in India and globally in the field of energy efficiency policies and prepare periodical reports highlighting the key developments.
(5) Develop content for outreach material via blogs, brochures, online posts, and articles. Further co-ordinate with design and communication teams to run social media campaign, design reports and outreach material.
(6) Support and lead writing project reports, white papers, issue-briefs, journal-papers, and any work that may arise related to any project or other relevant areas of work.
(7) Participating in events, seminars, etc. related to the field of work in and/or outside AEEE
(8) Support and lead in project management aspects such as coordinating with partners, stakeholders, and assistance in activities to execute a project.
(9) Support and lead in conducting meetings, interviews, stakeholder consultations, focused group discussions on synthesizing feedbacks into high-level recommendations for projects.
(10) Facilitate in building strong relationships with relevant stakeholders, including policymakers, public agencies, businesses, subject-matter experts, funding agencies, academia, and peer organizations.
(11) Participating actively in and contributing to the overall development of the organization; conducting tasks assigned by AEEE and travelling for work outside New Delhi as needed.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
(1) Applicants must be Under-graduate in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or similar discipline;
(2) Post-Graduation (MTech /MS in Engineering, Energy, Climate Change, Sustainability, Climate Finance, Policy Studies), from reputed institutions in India or overseas.
(1) Minimum of 3 – 4 years for Senior Research Associate and 1 – 3 years for Research Associate with experience in national/international institutions and/or companies, government agencies, with a demonstrated record of policy research and/or energy efficiency, policy implementation with respect to the above-mentioned job role.
(2) Sound understanding of HVAC, electrical and mechanical systems, energy efficiency, thermal comfort.
(3) Knowledge of Appliance Energy Efficiency programs and market transformation strategies will be essential.
(4) Experience in advanced technologies such as Heat Pumps and District Cooling and experience in Climate Finance will be distinctive advantages.
(5) For day-to-day activities, sound knowledge of policies and programs such as:
(a) National Action Plan on Climate Change (NAPCC),
(b) India Cooling Action Plan (ICAP),
(c) Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna (PMAY),
(d) BEE’s Programs: ECBC, ENS, S&L,
(e) ASHRAE 90.1
(f) Green building rating systems
Skills and Competencies
(1) Excellent written and oral communications skills in English is a pre-requisite.
(2) Strong ability to articulate, comprehend and synthesize technical information for people working in the policy arena, social/behavioral field.
(3) Excellent visualization and presentation skills.
(4) Proficiency with excel, MS office tools, databases are necessary.
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
Gross compensation budgeted for the position is attractive. Please note that the offer made to the selected candidate shall be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and salary history.
6. LOCATION: New Delhi
7. REFERENCE: SRA-RA-AT-AEEE
8. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011- 4081 9900; 4165 3612
9. APPLICATION PROCESS:
Eligible candidates interested in the position are requested to apply using the link https://recruitment.samshrm.com/Jobs/AEEE by or before September 18, 2022.