Research Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Room to Read
Research Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (RM&EO) – Room to Read, New Delhi
Are you passionate about making an impact on education, literacy, and gender equality in low-income communities? Room to Read (RTR) is a global organization committed to this mission. If you’re looking to join a dynamic, non-profit organization focused on transforming the education landscape, this Research Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (RM&EO) position based in New Delhi is the perfect opportunity.
About Room to Read: Room to Read was founded in 2000 with the belief that “World Change Starts with Educated Children®.” This organization has pioneered an innovative model that addresses critical phases of a child’s education journey: early primary school for literacy acquisition and secondary school for girls’ education. RTR collaborates with local communities, partner organizations, and governments to develop literacy skills, promote reading habits among primary school children, and ensure that girls complete secondary school with the skills needed for life’s challenges.
With a global headquarters in San Francisco, Room to Read has positively impacted 18 million children across over 30,000 communities in countries including Bangladesh, Cambodia, Grenada, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Laos, Myanmar, Nepal, Rwanda, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Vietnam, and Zambia.
Room to Read India: Room to Read India (RTR India) was established in 2003 and currently operates in nine states across India, including Chhattisgarh, Delhi NCR, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Telangana, Uttarakhand, and Uttar Pradesh. The organization’s Literacy Program has been implemented in 15,642 government schools, with 25,741 teachers trained in library management and reading activities. Additionally, RTR India’s Girls’ Education & Gender Equality Program has positively impacted over 62,457 girls during this period.
For more information about Room to Read, please visit Room to Read’s Website.
Job Description/Responsibilities: As a Research Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (RM&EO), your role will be pivotal in ensuring the success of Room to Read’s programs. You will report to the Research, Monitoring, and Evaluation (RM&E) Manager and be based at the New Delhi, India Country Office. Your primary responsibilities include:
- Design and Analysis: Collaborate with the RM&E Manager and Program team to design, implement, and analyze annual monitoring data regularly.
- RM&E Dashboard: Coordinate and manage the RM&E dashboard, providing monthly updates to inform management about key changes observed.
- Program Collaboration: Work closely with the Program team to implement and maintain RM&E efforts across various programs.
- Data Analysis: Implement and analyze periodic data based on field observations and program needs.
- Training and Mentoring: Provide training and mentoring to staff to enhance their skills in conducting strong evaluations and ensure adherence to RM&E standard practices.
- Reporting: Synthesize and analyze data to write summary reports by program, based on RM&E results.
- Quality Assurance: Identify key issues related to program quality and establish links between monitoring and evaluation and quality assurance and improvement.
- Best Practices: Collaborate with Program and HQ staff to codify best practices for RTR’s programs, allowing for sharing across existing countries of operation and new ones.
- Innovation: Innovate new RM&E systems and projects to continuously improve the organization’s fieldwork.
- Fieldwork: Travel regularly throughout the year to urban and rural areas in India to oversee RM&E work implementation, staff training, and stay updated on RM&E development stages.
- Research and Trends: Stay informed about research and trends in monitoring and evaluation, recommending improvements to systems and processes.
- Networking: Network with other non-profits running similar programs to identify areas for collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Advocacy: Represent RTR in different forums and advocate the importance of the organization’s educational work in the developing world.
Qualifications, Experience, and Competencies:
Qualification and Experience:
- Advanced degree in education, development, or related fields.
- Five to seven years of professional experience in RM&E.
- Good knowledge of education and gender issues, including community involvement in schools.
- Experience in successfully implementing various tasks.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong technical competence in RM&E methods.
- Strong operational management skills with a focus on results, goal-setting, planning, prioritization, and progress monitoring.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficiency in quantitative and qualitative analysis using data software packages like STATA, SPSS, SAS, etc.
- Experience in data entry and analysis.
- Willingness to travel frequently to program areas in Indian districts.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Hindi.
- Passion for RTR’s mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic, non-profit organization.
- Innovative and creative thinker, willing to explore new ideas and inspire others.
- High levels of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness.
- Strong work ethic with minimal direction needed.
- Self-confidence and humility.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Thrives in a fast-paced and fun environment.
Compensation Offered: The gross compensation budgeted for this position is up to Rs. 12.5 lacs per annum, with the offer based on the candidate’s experience and salary history. Health benefits are provided, and the role offers a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, and rapidly growing organization dedicated to changing the world through education.
Location: Qutub Institutional Area, New Delhi
Contact Information: Team SAMS Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd. 1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025 Phone Nos.: 011- 4081 9900; 4165 3612
Application Process: Eligible candidates interested in the position are requested to apply using the link Apply for RM&EO Position at the earliest.
Room to Read has a zero-tolerance policy for child abuse and exploitation. Selected candidates must adhere to the organization’s child protection policy, code of conduct, and standards, and undergo rigorous reference and background checks through a third party, including employment history and criminal checks. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information for this purpose.