1. POSITION VACANT: Chief Financial Officer, HelpAge India, New Delhi
2. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
HelpAge India (HI) is a secular, apolitical, non-profit and non-governmental organization, registered under the Indian Societies’ Registration Act of 1860. It voices the concerns of India’s elderly. Formed in 1978, the organisation’s mission is “to work for the cause and care of disadvantaged older persons and to improve their quality of life”.
There are currently an estimated 138 million elderly in India. HI‘s work benefits over 2 million elders, annually, through nationwide programs and services in the areas of healthcare, livelihoods, care homes and helplines, disaster response, and advocacy, for the rights of senior citizens.
HI provides elderly relief through a wide range of agecare interventions, including its large mobile healthcare program providing free healthcare services to destitute elders, physio and cancer care services to terminally ill elders, formation of Elder-Self-Help Groups to enable elders become self-reliant and independent, cataract surgeries for sight restoration, Support-a-Gran program, homecare support for bed ridden patients, training of carers for the elderly, running of Elder Helplines across the country, Relief & Rehabilitation for elders post disasters and the provision of active ageing opportunities.
The organisation works hand-in-hand with Senior Citizens Associations, recognising that serving elder needs requires working with and for them. HI also empowers senior citizens through Digital Literacy workshops designed to help them keep pace with the online world and become independent. The workshops help make elders aware of Policies, Schemes and Acts beneficial to them, especially the Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act and amendments thereto.
HI recently won the prestigious 2020 UN Population Award in the institutional category, a global recognition for its 42 years of work for the cause and care of elders.
For more information about HI, please visit https://www.helpageindia.org/
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) shall be a part of the senior management team, with responsibility for providing strategic leadership to the organization with emphasis on developing financial strategy, as well as guiding, reviewing and monitoring the development and implementation of systems and processes for the function.
The CFO shall also be responsible for mentoring and providing operational leadership and technical guidance to finance and accounts staff, thereby developing a strong and competent team and a conducive work environment.
This is an exciting opportunity for a senior finance professional, with a demonstrated track record of successfully directing and leading the finance and accounts and related functions, to support social cause, at one of India’s most respected, not-for-profit organizations.
Key Job Responsibilities:
(1) Provide strategic leadership as a member of the senior management team;
(2) Identify financial opportunities and challenges, plan and manage the financial resources to complement HI’s strategic plans, programs and funding requirements;
(3) Develop the annual financial plan and budgets and ensure timely monitoring and reporting;
(4) Oversee the conduct and successful conclusion of all financial reviews and audits (both Statutory and Internal), including the preparation of Annual Report & Accounts;
(5) Ensure compliance with all applicable statutory requirements, including but not limited to Income Tax, FCRA, and GST;
(6) Manage investments, and ensure prudent cash flow management for the organization;
(7) Support the Finance and Audit Committee (FAC) as a member, preparing and submitting required financial reports and monthly/ quarterly results to the FAC and the Governing Body (GB);
(8) Ensure adherence to financial policy and procedures, their continual review, streamlining and improvement, and timely reporting to stakeholders, including donors;
(9) Lead and participate in the recruitment of key positions for the function.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
Applicants must be qualified Chartered Accountants.
(1) Minimum 15 years’ of experience in strategically managing the finance and accounts function, of which five should be at the leadership level;
(2) Experience of reporting and coordinating with the Board and its Committees;
(3) Prior experience of working in the social sector, shall be an advantage.
Skills and Competencies
(1) Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage and motivate high performing teams;
(2) Excellent interpersonal, relationship and negotiation skills;
(3) Experience in and knowledge of ERP based accounting and financial systems;
(4) Demonstrated ability to take initiative and a problem-solving approach;
(5) Strong communication skills, both written and oral;
(6) Sound knowledge of financial aspects and legal requirements of NGOs, including FCRA and all Tax Laws that pertain to the sector;
(7) Excellent staff management skills and the ability to lead and motivate a diverse team of finance professionals.
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
The gross compensation for the position is attractive and compares favorably with the remuneration paid by progressive non-profits in the sector. The offer made to the selected candidate shall be commensurate with qualifications, experience and salary history.
6. LOCATION: New Delhi
7. REFERENCE: CFO-HI-DL
8. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011- 4081 9900; 4165 3612
9. APPLICATION PROCESS:
Eligible candidates interested in the position are requested to apply using the link https://recruitment.samshrm.com/jobs/HI, by or before September 16, 2022.